The city of Seraing has obtained a 9.3 million euros ERDF funding for the preservation and renovation of the historic Cockerill halls (1817) in the city centre.
Additional private investment, estimated at €40 million, will be required for the development of a food hall concept as well as the creation of a residential, office and retail complex on land adjacent to the main hall.
The contract was awarded at the end of 2019 to the consortium of private partners: GASTRONOMIA VISION (Coeur de Ville, Imagix, Willemen, Dyls, Gehlem Immo) to carry out the project until its final implementation as well as its management.
A decision by the Walloon Government will allow the transfer of the ERDF funding to the private partner, so that he can proceed with the renovation of the halls in accordance with the requirements of the final Food Hall project.
- 3,500 m² (cafés, restaurants, food shops)
- 1,300 m² (offices)
Real estate project
- Available land: 4,700 m² + 4,000 m²
- Building surface area +/- 10,000 m²
- 550 places (starting with a first construction phase of 166 car spaces and 220 bicycle spaces)
- Planning permission and business licence obtained by the end of 2021
- Contract between the City of Seraing and the Gastronomia Vision consortium, signed in 2021
- Transfer of beneficiary of ERDF funds: 2022
- Renovation work starting 2022
End of the work :
Phase 1: end of 2023
- Halls: 850 m² food court / restaurants - 500 m² shops - 1.300 m² offices
- Mixed-use project in Cockerill Street: 2,230 m² shops - 93 flats
- 166 parking car spaces + 220 bicycle spaces)
- Phase 2: end of 2027 (630 m² shops/64 dwellings)
- Phase 1: end of 2023