New allocation of military sites : Barrack of Jambes (Wispelaere):
The urban planning would be as follows:
- The reconversion of the site should plan the development of a new residential area in order to consolidate the urbanization of this part of the city;
- Along the Dave Street and in the central part of the site, the plan should include apartment buildings offering a variety of surfaces; the fringes of the site, in direct relation with the existing districts, should house single-family houses;
- Within the perimeter, it is not desirable to develop commercial activities intended for the individuals of semi-current non bulky goods or any activities which can compete with the center of Jambes;
- Occasionally, craft activities, office spaces or spaces for liberal professions can be planned;
- Part of the site will be devoted to a leisure area which may include tourist accommodation;
Preservation of built heritage:
- It is necessary to keep, for part, the building located in front of the road; It will allow to keep a trace of the initial vocation of the site.
- It is also desired to keep the building located near the towpath and to study its reconversion into a leisure area.
8,7 ha - Buildings on site (36,000 m² of floor space)
Owned by the national Defense